4CED Strategic Plan Summary: 2021-2024
Building economically vibrant businesses and communities in the Four Corners Region through effective partnerships
Leading regional collaboration for a future of economic prosperity
Our Core Values:
- Transparent accountability – We will be honest, open and ethical in all our economic development transactions, showing our investors the value they receive for their investments and being held accountable to meet our stated goals.
- Clear communication – We will clearly share our intentions about economic development, the work we accomplish, the need for involvement by others and our appreciation for the organizations and people who are our stakeholders.
- Uncompromising collaboration – We will build common ground for economic development, help create a sense of togetherness and strive always for success by promoting a sense of “regional community”.
- Innovative leadership – We will be known as a flexible, proactive, pioneering organization that leads the way in searching for and rewarding new ideas for economic development.
Our Goal Teams:
Goal Team #1: Partnerships/Relationships
Cultivate business relationships, develop regional partnerships, and catalyze Business Retention and Expansion projects.
- Cultivate relationships with existing businesses.
- Develop regional partnerships with other economic development entities in the area.
- Oversee and analyze the work of the BRE task forces.
Goal Team #2: Organizational Development/Effectiveness
Strengthen knowledge, governance, and finances to assure unity, accountability, and operational excellence.
- Initiate a series of economic development trainings.
- Build and maintain a stable, effective organization and its boards.
- Develop sources of funding to provide organizational stability.
Goal Team #3: Targeted Industries
Pursue focused targets for recruiting, developing, and expanding industries.
- Utilize the asset map to determine targeted industries.
- Create a project plan for pursuing each targeted industry.
- Clarify the intersect on targeted industries between 4CED and other EDOs.
- Focus on major infra-structure and energy projects within San Juan County.
Goal Team #4: Workforce Capacity
Through identified partnerships, drive the preparation of a skilled workforce based on targeted industry needs.
- Determine targeted industry workforce training needs.
- Create and connect workforce training opportunities with the needs of current employers.
- Collaborate to create a pathway between public schools and higher education that supports students in securing economic base jobs in San Juan County.
Goal Team #5: Data Analysis/Marketing
Establish brand identity, market target industry value propositions, and sustain The comprehensive economic database and asset map.
- Establish and manage a marketing plan for brand identity and to promote business recruitment, retention, and expansion.
- Identify best marketing practices of other EDOs and/or resource partners.
- Train users on how to manipulate databases and track their use of data.
- Build internal record support for this organization and its resource partners.
NW New Mexico Regional Economic Development Plan Prepared by the NW New Mexico Council of Governments